I no longer go to the stores on Black Friday. Years ago I had a bad experience where women were fist fighting and people were shoving to get to sales that, to be honest, were not worth what happened. When I was growing up Black Friday was a fun experience for me, my mother and sister. The mood was joyful, shopping fun, great deals. No longer. I stay home and embrace cyber shopping. 80% of my holiday shopping will be done online. The rest will be done at local shops. I am a HUGE fan of shop local and support local business for the holidays.
Black Friday Shopping Guide is here. First, let’s set some rules to help you have the best shopping experience possible for this holiday season.
Rules For Shopping Online
- Use one credit card for online purchases only. This way if it gets compromised for whatever reason, you are not totally without a credit card for holiday shopping until the bank issues you a new one
- Best shoppers are the best returners. Do not be afraid to return things that do not fit, poor quality, found a better price, changed your mind. It is your money. Read return policies for holiday shopping. Some smaller boutique only returns for credit. Many stores have 30-day policies.
- **** Make a list of your shopping needs. This is important so you don’t just go wild and spend way more money than you needed too.
- Black Friday Shopping is not always the best deals. I have found better deals around Veteran’s Day. Weigh the best price versus not finding the size or an item getting sold out.
- Install JOINHONEY chrome extender to your browser- She is an application that looks for coupons. She has saved me TONS of money and you receive “honey gold” which can add up to additional money off. You can also use it on AMAZON to find best deals.
Black Friday Deals
Many of the Black Friday Deals have already gone live. After you eat and of course clean up that Thanksgiving meal, do some online shopping and use Black Friday as a day of rest.
Macy’s/extra 20% off with code HURRY
Ann Taylor/ 50% off with code THANKFUL
Loft/50% off with code THANKS
Chico’s/40% off everything with code 29037
Gap/50% of everything code BLKFRIDAY
Old Navy/50% off entire purchase
Banana Republic/50% off everything
Nordstrom/20% off select items. Free shipping. Free RETURNS
Nordstrom Rack/30% off clearance
JCrew/ 40% off with code THANKU
Talbots/40% off til midnight Friday
Orvis/up to 50% off
Dillards/25-50% off select items
Bloomingdales/50% off sale with code BLACKFRIDAY
Kendra Scott/20% off code YELLOW
Sak’s/up to 60% off- 40%off selected designer
Express/50% off everything
Good luck and Happy Shopping!