Going to the beach is not just about sitting under an umbrella and reading a book. The over 50 women want to be active and involved. Many beaches offer activities such as stand up paddleboards, kayaks, and beach volleyball. You might want to play in waves or try your hand at paddle ball. To be active on the beach you need a bathing suit that has support, but easy of movement. You don’t want to worry about your top falling down or skirt dragging you down in a wave. The Athleisure look is everywhere. Bathing suit manufacturers are taking the same pieces we love to workout in and creating swimwear.
How to Get the Active Beach Style:
- Bathing Suit Top. Select a bathing suit top that is similar to a top you would workout in. Look for a style with a racerback, halter, or high neck. It does not have to be a bikini. You can choose a tankini or one piece.
- Bathing Suit Bottom. Select a swimsuit bottom with a moderate or high-rise waist band. The newest trend is swim shorts or board short for bottoms. Choose a one piece and add a swim short for modesty and comfort.
- Cover up. Choose a button up shirt and roll up the sleeve or sun shirt. Many of the new sun shirts have SPF 50 protection.
- Sunglasses. Look for a style that is more curved around your face and polarized.
- Sun Hat. The perfect hat to complete this style is the white baseball hat with a logo from your favorite resort.
- Add sporty flip-flops and a large beach bag, and sunscreen and you are ready to go
Athleta swimwear had a huge selection of pieces to choose from.
Check out my personal favorite active pieces from Lands End
Lands End swim suit have many mix and match choices for tops and bottoms. You can choose piece with or without tummy control. Bathing suits come in petite and plus sizing.
Pin it and Share with Friends!
Check out the links below for information on your favorite pieces from the Beach Style for Active Women Over 50 Style Board. These are not affiliate links and I do NOT receive a commission on them.